Windows 10 Enterprise E3 launched in the Cloud Solution Provider (CSP) channel on September 1, 2016. Windows 10 Enterprise E3 in CSP is a new offering that delivers, by subscription, exclusive features reserved for Windows 10 Enterprise edition. This offering is available through the Cloud Solution Provider (CSP) channel via the Partner Center as an online service. Windows 10 Enterprise E3 in CSP provides a flexible, per-user subscription for small- and medium-sized organizations (from one to hundreds of users).
To take advantage of this offering, you must have the following:
- Windows 10 Pro, version 1607 (also known as Windows 10 Anniversary Update) or later installed on the devices to be upgraded
- Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) available for identity management
Starting with Windows 10, version 1607 (Windows 10 Anniversary Update), you can move from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Enterprise more easily than ever before—no keys and no reboots. After one of your users enters the Azure AD credentials associated with a Windows 10 Enterprise E3 license, the operating system turns from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Enterprise and all the appropriate Windows 10 Enterprise features are unlocked. When a subscription license expires or is transferred to another user, the Windows 10 Enterprise device seamlessly steps back down to Windows 10 Pro.
Previously, only organizations with a Microsoft Volume Licensing Agreement could deploy Windows 10 Enterprise to their users. Now, with Windows 10 Enterprise E3 in CSP, small- and medium-sized organizations can more easily take advantage of Windows 10 Enterprise features.
When you purchase Windows 10 Enterprise E3 via a partner, you get the following benefits:
- Windows 10 Enterprise edition. Devices currently running Windows 10 Pro, version 1607 can get Windows 10 Enterprise Current Branch (CB) or Current Branch for Business (CBB). This benefit does not include Long Term Service Branch (LTSB).
- Support from one to hundreds of users. Although the Windows 10 Enterprise E3 in CSP program does not have a limitation on the number of licenses an organization can have, the program is designed for small- and medium-sized organizations.
- Deploy on up to five devices. For each user covered by the license, you can deploy Windows 10 Enterprise edition on up to five devices.
- Roll back to Windows 10 Pro at any time. When a user’s subscription expires or is transferred to another user, the Windows 10 Enterprise device reverts seamlessly to Windows 10 Pro edition (after a grace period of up to 90 days).
- Monthly, per-user pricing model. This makes Windows 10 Enterprise E3 affordable for any organization.
- Move licenses between users. Licenses can be quickly and easily reallocated from one user to another user, allowing you to optimize your licensing investment against changing needs.
Read more about these innovations here.